Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Caffeine -- NO MORE!

I do have to write about one amazing thing that happened this year.

I do not know what brought on the new symptoms suddenly, but it got me to stop drinking caffeine. Sometime during the summer, I think June or July, I was getting light-headed at work. My job wasn't physical, I just sat all day. I didn't understand. Without knowing anything, I just went about my day and prayed that I would be okay. I didn't work for the next few days (I was just working part-time) and had no reason to drink soda. I did not think anything about it!

Thursday comes and I had to work on a children's program so I had some soda. I went to Zumba after work and I remember bending over to tie my shoes... as I got up, my vision went black for about 20 seconds. Talk about scary! As I was doing Zumba, I realized today was the first day in 3 days that I had soda.

As much as I hated it, I cut soda from my diet. I had to. I was tired of getting dizzy, light-headed, and when I moved too quickly, blacking out.

A few weeks later, I got sick and I wanted Sprite. I love Sprite. Sprite helps settle my stomach when upset. I didn't get light-headed, dizzy, or experience a black out.

I decided to try soda again. Diet Pepsi is one of my favorites. Low and behold, I felt light-headed and dizzy. I then wondered if it was just soda that contained caffeine. I continued my experiment, but this time with decaffeinated soda. I was OKAY! I could have soda, just not any caffeine.

I now stay away from anything caffeinated: soda, coffee, tea, ect.

Word of advice: I had no health insurance which it why I did the experiment on my own. You should always consult a health care professional when you know something is not right. I took a risk not seeing a physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment