Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm Back!

I can not believe it has been nearly a year since I have kept anyone up to date. Let me update you!

I graduated with my Bachelor's degree last December. With all the emotional stress in my life, I catapulted into depression. This was the first time in my life I felt like I could do whatever I wanted because I was no longer needed. I know that sounds horrible, but it wasn't. My whole life I was held to high expectations or I was always helping others. After 23 years, I needed a break. I broke down and did exactly what I needed to do to barely get by. Thinking back on this, I am surprised I did not gain any of the weight back or at least a lot of it. A lot of that was attributed to the fact that I did sub several days a week (a job where you are on your feet all day) and I did Zumba 1-2 days a week.

When school ended in June (substitute), I dedicated my free time to getting healthier. I was slowly coming out of my depression and I was taking a look at my life and knew I needed to continue losing weight. After I was done student teaching in December, I really did not lose any weight. I decided since I did not lose any weight that I was going to begin running. :) It was amazing, running for about 45 minutes a day. I think I weighed around 190 when I started. I did not really keep track of my weight, what I ate, or how much I exercised. So I have no details to give. At the end of summer, when I started teaching, I was at about 175.

I worked retail for about 6 weeks, which helped me lose weight. I only quit that job because I got a teaching job. Can I just say, what a blessing it was to get that job?!? There was a lot of personal growth between April and July. Then to be blessed with the final piece to bring my life back in August was a miracle. I was lost and depressed and it was not pretty, at all! Since I have been teaching, I am on my feet about 6 hours a day, but sitting the rest of the time to plan things. I eat a lot less because there is not a lot of time during the day because there is just so much to do. I still eat, just less.

I am now on winter break and decided it was time to work out and keep track of my food once again. I am at 174 lbs. I have be fluctuating between 170 and 175 since August. Since Friday (the start of winter break), I have been keeping track every day. I also have worked out every day. I am sore head to toe because I have not worked out since September. I am feeling sore muscles in every major muscle group. It makes moving somewhat difficult! I like that feeling because it means I am doing something good for my body.

Anyway, I am back and I hope that this blog does help someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment