Saturday, October 25, 2014

So, where did the time go?

Well, last Sunday I made a post about what I did with my time and do I actually have the time in my day. I do. I just have to cut out the crap.

I've slept 32 hours in the last 6 nights.
I've spent 45 hours at work.
I've spent 4 hours grading papers.
I've spent 5 hours in travel time.
I've spent 3 hours being crafty making my daughter's Halloween costume.
I've spent 19 hours on my phone.
I've spent 8 hours with my family.
I've spent 2 hours getting ready in the morning. 
The other 2 hours were probably dinner, journal writing, or something that doesn't take much time. 

So where is the time to work out? All of those hours adds up to a total of 5 days. Work and all that comes with it is non-negotiable. All that time on my phone is right before going to bed making sure I don't fall asleep with my baby or me waking up in the middle of the night (yeah, I know, it's a bad habit!) Usually by the time I get home so I can exercise, it's dark. 

So where does the reasoning end and I say, taking care of my health is non-negotiable too? I'm the heaviest I've ever been minus 2 lbs. It's time to make those changes because I need a healthier life! 

So I guess I will start with my phone and go from there... In fact, I'll make a SMART goal. Not sure what that is, check below! 


I will limit my phone usage to 2 hours a day or 14 hours a week starting today: Saturday 10/25/14. 

I know it's a lot, but I do not have internet at home so it's how I blog, get crafty/dinner ideas from Pinterest, and stay connected with family, friends, coworkers, and news through social media and email. That still leaves me with at least 5 hours a week to exercise! 

How did you do with the challenge this week? What do you need to shed out of your life? Leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment