Sunday, October 19, 2014

Back to Basics

Okay, so I decided to begin blogging my healthy lifestyle journey. I need to be held accountable to more than just myself... as sad as that seems. 

A lot has happened since I first began this blog and last wrote on here. I am married now and we have one beautiful daughter. 

Quite a bit of changes have occurred. Being healthy is not only more important to me now and has become a priority, but it has become more difficult. 

I have a career that has me working 50+ hours a week and a family to take of. Since my daughter was born and I've returned to work, I've realized I must pick and choose my battles. So, my house doesn't get cleaned as often as I'd like. I don't always get as much work stuff done as I'd like. My husband cooks much more often than I do. I don't get to spend the quality time I feel I should with my family. I am not eating healthy like I should or working out.

If you noticed from the battles I've chosen, I was stressed! So step 1: release my stress! I had much to say. I'm the type of person who explains thoroughly and when I don't speak my mind then it adds to my stress. So after looking for my old journal, and never finding it, I bought myself a new journal. 

It seems to have worked because my stress levels feel lower and I feel like giving myself a new challenge in this Back to Basics. 

For those who decide to follow me, I will try to write and post something new once a week. Maybe, we can even do this journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment