Friday, July 20, 2012

Motivation!

I pin.

Yes, I am addicted to pinterest.

I have a lot of friends and family that are into fitness and health. Many of the pins I see fall into that area. I saw this when I first started using pinterest and loved it. I forgot all about it until I was sorting my pins.

To me, this is more motivating than those pictures with skinny people telling me to stay motivated and work hard because I will look like this. That doesn't help me. This is more inspiring to me than those photos. Those other "motivating" photos makes me feel bad about myself and I am not okay with that.

My aim and end goal is ultimately be healthy and happy. I have a life that is surrounded by work, family, and friends. I want to look and feel better, but I don't want to be unhappy doing it. I keep reflecting back to my senior year in high school during volleyball season when I worked out for 4 hours a day, 6 days a week for 2 weeks. Once school started, it was 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I have lost weight before the healthy way. I know I can do it again, I just need to realize that I am an adult and I have to take into consideration that I work and I have a life. Being healthy allows me to have this life, but I still have a life and I can't get sad by the fact that how I work out and eat are different. This is 8 years later and though I am still young, I am older. I have been at an unhealthy weight for over 4 years. I have not been treating my body the way that I should.

So yes, this picture is more motivating to me because I CAN DO IT! I will do it my way that allows me to be happy while being healthy. I have done so much research over the years about fitness and eating healthier. I have the knowledge, it is now time for me to start using what I know and just do it.

Many times I feel like the girl on the right... timid, embarrassed.... but I look at that and think that it is not me. I do not want to be that girl who is afraid. Fear will not help me accomplish anything.

Word of advise: find something that motivates you and just go!

No comments:

Post a Comment