Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 3 Goals

So... I lost half a pound! Woo-Hoo! I wish it was more, but I will accept the half a pound graciously. That is more than I typically would lose in a week. So tracking my calories and working out a little bit have been helping out. I now weigh 221 lbs. Yes, I did hear about the study saying that most nutrition totals are not accurate. I am not shocked by this study at all! I've worked in fast food and even if you cook your own meals you are not going to know the true accuracy of nutrition unless you can test it yourself. I do feel strongly though about tracking your calories. It may not be 100% accurate, but it will give you an idea of what your intake it. If you're still throwing a fit take your calorie total for the day and add 20% of the days total to it and it will more than likely be more accurate, but you never know.

Since week 3 begins tomorrow, I need to add a new goal to work towards. One thing I noticed is that I like to drink soda and not diet. I know diet has aspartame and can be harmful to your health and that is why I typically avoid diet soda. What's more healthy, all that sugar or the aspartame? I am unsure, either way my new goal this week is: if I drink soda, it needs to be diet. All of the sugar and calories are taking up my calorie usage.

So week three goals:
  1. Track my calories.
  2. Work-out three days this week. (Ahh, schools starting!)
  3. Drink diet soda instead of regular soda.

Since a new semester is beginning, I will probably be on here only once, maybe twice, per week. So have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment